Are you new to skin care and you want to try a skin routine especially when it comes to matters skin exfoliation ? Going for home-made scrubs is a good idea due to their availability, most of the scrubs are within your reach and it also cuts down on your costs. Skin exfoliation is aimed at removing any dead skin on your face for a healthy glow. Exfoliation also unclogs any pores on your facial skin as well as ensuring the production of collagen.
Exfoliating your skin 2-3 times a week is highly recommended. Your skin may overreact if the process is done in excess hence causing irritation. Some of the benefits of skin exfoliation are , smooth and more firm skin as a result of removal of dead skin thus ensuring radiant skin.
Skin exfoliation assists in removing any debris on your skin thus boosting absorption of any skin products you use on your skin .
Stimulating your skin surface in circular motions as you use the exfoliator, impedes blood circulation on your skin hence giving your skin a radiant glow.
Here are simple and easy exfloliators you can try at home :
1.Honey and Oat.
Honey acts against bacteria hence fighting any acne away. It also acts as a natural moisturizer thus a good remedy to dry skin . Here’s how you can prepare the scrub :
– Grind the oats into fine particles using a grinder . Large particles may cause irritation on the skin.
-Warm the honey in a microwave or use a bowl with hot water and dip the honey in a container there in . This will ensure proper mixing of the two ingredients.
-Mix the two ingredients in a bowl.
– Scoop the mixture and use it on your face in circular motions for about one minute.
– Wash your face with warm water and pat it dry using a clean towel.
2.Banana and Oatmeal Scrub.
For an acne prone skin as well as an oily skin, this scrub works wonders. Banana acts as a base as well as a source of silica which boosts collagen production .
– Use 1/2 piece of a banana. Smash it in a container by the help of a spoon or fork until it’s smooth.
-Grind the oats using a food grinder into two tablespoons.
– Mix the two ingredients evenly.
– Scoop some of the mixture and use it on your face in a circular motion.
– Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
3.Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub.
Both honey and brown sugar are good moisturizers hence suitable for dry skin. They lock in the moisture as well as clear the flakes and debris from the skin pores.
– Use one tablespoon of brown sugar . (ensure that it has fine particles to prevent the skin from irritation)
– Mix it with raw honey and use the mixture on your face .
-Rub in small circular motions to prevent skin damage as well as to exfoliate the skin effectively.
-Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat it dry with a clean and soft towel.