What you will need;
Festive bread burger buns which will cost you 90 Kenyan shillings for a pack.
1 chicken breast
I tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp salt
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup corn starch
3-4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp sriracha
1 tbsp ketchup
4 tbsp milk
Oil for frying
Before you begin ensure you have the following
A frying pan
A teaspoon and a table spoon
Tongs or a cooking stick to pick the hot chicken from the frying pan
Plastic wrap and a rolling pin
- Take your chicken breast and slice in half, cover the slices with a plastic wrap and pound with your rolling pin till its thin.
- In a bowl add a 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tbsp garlic powder, 1/4 tbsp black pepper powder, and mix this well.
- Add the beaten chicken pieces, rub the mixture or marinade it and leave the chicken to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes or longer.
- In your second bowl, add 3-4 tbspn mayonnaise, 1 tbsp sriracha and 1 tbsp ketchup, mix it well. It will be your mayo sauce.
- In your third bowl add 1 cup All purpose flour, 1/2 cup corn starch, 1 tbsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp salt and also mix this well.
- In a glass bowl, add the content of a cracked egg and 4 tbsp of milk and whisk making your egg wash.
- Take the marinated chicken pieces and coat them by pressing them into the flour mixture then dipping it into the egg wash. Coat again with the flour mixture by patting and pressing flour onto the chicken. Dust of excess flour.
- Heat oil at medium heat and when its hot enough fry the chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes on both side or until golden brown.
- Do this this for all chicken pieces and when done that will lead us to the last part, making the chicken burger.
MAKING THE BURGER
- Take a burger bun, spread the mayo sauce made earlier onto the bottom bun.
- Add the chicken, then the lettuce, a piece or two of sliced tomato and finally,
- Add mayo sauce to the top bun and put it on top of the tomatoes making your burger. Stick a toothpick in the middle of the burger to keep it from falling apart.
Enjoy your homemade chicken burger with some fries and coca cola or Pepsi.